1:59 PM

Three Blog Entries for the Price of One

Mood: Pensive
Music: I Believe - Spring Awakening: A New Musical
Date/Time: Friday, 19th June, 2009/1:59PM

Thank you, dear Friend
I have to thank you for being so patient with me for the past week. It is a relief to be able to pick up the phone and call you when I need to vent.
That morning we spoke, and I confided in you all those secrets, all those things that were on my mind - was a relief. I had been carrying those thoughts for so long, with no proper outlet to express them. I didn't realize how much it was weighing on me until I unloaded.


I love that you don't judge me, and I love that you just listen. You are so kind, uncommonly kind - I am happy to have you in my life. I shouldn't even be thanking you for this past week - but for the past couple of months - you have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
I know we argue a lot, over the silliest things really - but you are strong enough to handle me - and for that I am grateful.

I can't believe I've known you for 10 years, where did the time go? I'm still a young girl, but you're becoming an old man :)
I love you. Thank you for being my rock this week.

Mental Paper Weight
You ever have something on your mind, that weighs so heavily but cannot be easily expressed into words?
I do.
This thing, is something I've sat and tried to express repeatedly - but when I put pen to paper - nothing flows. I want to write about it, but a part of me would sooner forget it happened and how I feel about it.

Whenever I have an issue like this, it sometimes prevents me from writing anything else. I think I know the source of my block, I want to - wait no, I NEED to write about what happened but I cannot.

Dream a Little Dream
Been having weird dreams again, things and people from my past - but with a different story line - it's like my mind is taking all the incomplete memories and rewriting my history.
Perhaps my mind is working out a few regrets I have, in the form of my dreams.
I'll take the weird but emotion-evoking dreams over the bad dreams any day. The weird but emotion-evoking dreams just make me muse about the content for a few hours...why did I dream about this? Does it mean something deeper?
But the bad dreams? Those linger for days, sometimes coming back to haunt when I close my eyes, sometimes make me search the dark corners of my mind once the sun has set and I'm home alone in the dark of the night.

I will take weird and emotional any day, there is no fear in a few memories that my mind has twisted to produce a dream.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Feet on the Jetty, Jazz Festival Weekend; One Weekend in February 2005

0 comments: