2:34 AM

Playing with Fire

Mood: Content but pensive
Music: Time of the Season by The Zombies
Date/Time: Friday, 5th June, 2009/2:34AM

I'm great at putting up walls, and I find this quote to be very true:
“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” - Anonymous

But what do you do when you have met your match? Someone who is patient and willing to do what it takes to break down the walls, storm the castle, slay the monster and spend lazy summer afternoons swimming around in your moat?


What do you do when you've found a person that doesn't care about your flaws or the mistakes you've made in your past? A person who understands that everything you've been through or done up to this point - makes you who you are...?

Someone who doesn't care about what happened last December? Wants to wake up next to you in the morning? Someone who doesn't care about that odd part of your personality that you might have mentioned at 1:30AM on Thursday morning of this week?

Yesterday I listed out all the reasons he shouldn't pursue me, and capped it off by asking him why he insists on playing with fire.
His reply? "If men didn't play with fire, we wouldn't be chatting on-line right now."

I have to give him props for wit.

Stay tuned to see if he harnesses the power of the fire or gets burned.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: "Perfect Moment"; Originally found on the Post Secret Blog. Check out the Post Secret Website for more information on the project.

3 comments:

Dorrie said...

sounds quite promising if you ask me.

Nice to see you post again, and I like your new layout!

Allison Charmaine said...

It does sound promising. Fingers crossed.

And thanks, I love it too, feel free to spread the word about my return. I wouldn't mind having the old gang come around.

Unknown said...

That line about playing with fire was very witty. It sounds like this guy is a good match for you when it comes to words. I'm looking forward to meeting him.