8:56 PM

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Mood: Musing
Music: Runaway - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Date/Time: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009/8:56PM


I have discovered something about myself, that if my attention isn't consistently held, maintained or stimulated - that I lose interest easily.
This applies to both people and things - tangible and intangible.
It's sad really, that my short attention span boils over from my activities/interactions into my personal life.
Sad isn't the word, no...it's worrying.

Why is it that few people or things cannot hold my interest if I am not constantly reminded of my interest in them?
It's something to consider. Something to investigate, or at least passively observe.


And until then...I will sip on my mango-papaya juice and watch all 5 seasons of Stargate Atlantis from the beginning.
Who said unemployment was a bad thing?

Btw, an aside: the photo for this entry reminds me that the simple things in life really are the best. Having a later night dinner of roasted chicken, French bread and side salad (with mango thrown in) - then heading out to the lawn to drink sangria and vodka and talk because inside the house was too hot.
This is what summer is, and this is what I hope the rest of my 20s will be: enjoying quality time with my friends.

Guess the Happy Planet Index was right when they concluded that Jamaica is the 3rd happiest country on the planet.
I love my life and I love living on this island :)

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Laughing and drinking on the lawn; Saturday, 4th July in the wee hours of the morning

0 comments: