6:59 AM

Gray skies and butterflies

Mood: Musing but happy
Music: Another Cloud by Della Manley

Date/Time: Friday, 10th July, 2009
/6:59AM

"I cried too many tears, through the years I could have smiled
Spent too many moments wishing, when everything was fine
Now I'm forgetting time spent regretting, now the water tastes like wine

I think I feel another cloud passing by
Yes, I think I feel another cloud passing by
Every day I'm looking for that silver lining
If it's...
Gray skies and butterflies, it's another great day just to open my eyes
Gray skies and butterflies, it's another great day to open my eyes"
- Another Cloud by Della Manley


I realize that there are people in this world that are happy with being miserable, this isn't a new epiphany - this is something I've realized for some time now.
But in the spirit of striving not to be one of those people - I constantly remind myself that I am not only blessed but grateful for those blessings.

I haven't been to sleep yet, and as I sit in bed and watch the world light up outside my window.
I find myself thankful not just for a new day filled with countless possibilities, experiences, lessons, memories, thoughts and ideas - but for the chance to live my life to the fullest.

The birds are twittering, the air is crisp and clean - there is no trace of the humidity that will plague Kingston today, neither is there any hint of all the negativity that lurks in this day.
Right here, right now...it is still, beautiful and filled with potential.

Life is what you make it, and I spent too much time wishing when everything was fine.
Right now my biggest problem in life is wanting to do laundry and not wanting to trek upstairs to my neighbour to get more tokens in case it rains and I cannot dry everything on the line.
Isn't that great? My biggest problem is laundry tokens and being too lazy to climb stairs to get more.

I am truly grateful and in this moment - I am truly happy.

Love,
Ally.

An aside: this was hand drawn by my friend Morphine from a black and white photo I took of myself last year.

Photo Credit: Prose in repose; An original artistic effort by MorphineKisses; Thursday, 9th July, 2009

0 comments: