6:21 AM

Chasing Wanderlust

Mood: Chasing Wanderlust
Music: Africa by Toto

Date/Time: Wednesday, 22nd July, 2009/6:21AM



...memories of you and I are like a song stuck in my head.
I dance this line, toeing between pleasure and melancholy.

I rock to the rhythm of you and I, hours lost in bed.

Lovers to the end, lost in folly.


I am in love with a man that I cannot be with, and it is torture.
For all the reasons I wish to be with him, I can find a reason to not be with him - and I am sure he can say the same about me.


But it makes me think, does the "tortured artist" in me thrive on this sort of emotional discord?
Do I want him more because I can't have him?
It's something to think on.
But tortured artist or not, it's not healthy to dote on such things.
It feeds obsession. It feeds my need to control and mould.

Instead, I live my life and find happiness in a multitude of distractions. Like tonight.
I will surely be distracted enough to fill any void my mind can trick me into believing exists.

Dinner. Music. Possibly dancing?
Date night in the middle of the week really is the best sort of distraction.

My name is Allison, and I like being single.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: One hand in my pocket and the other one is giving a peace sign; Wednesday, 22nd July, 2009

1 comments:

Stephanie Treasure said...

Always remember to love yourself first. Enjoy your own company. If you don't how can you expect someone else to. If you don't love yourself, you will not be able to recognize when someone else is not loving you the way they should.