9:20 AM

The Devil's in the Details

Mood: Perturbed but Happy
Music: Oil and Water - Incubus

Date/Time: Monday, 27th July, 2009/9:40AM


Time for an update on my peeping tom situation.
After Thursday morning's incident (see previous entry titled Peeping Tom), all was well until Friday evening. I went around the back to the clothes line to get something I left on the line on Wednesday.
While returning to my apartment I saw a block under my bedroom window.
I returned to my apartment and got my phone to take photos.





























After, I stood on the block and could see clearly into my apartment - this freaked me out more than you can imagine.
I saw my neighbour's windows were open, so went back around the front to knock on her door and tell her everything.
It was clear to me by now that the person looking into my window wasn't the coke head I had seen the week before - not only because my companion described someone different on Thursday morning, but because that coke head returned on Thursday evening and was happily picking ackee of the tree behind my apartment - ignoring me the entire time.

As my neighbour and I talked - she urged me more than once never to use the laundry room alone again - which I promised I would try not to do. In fact, the next day I went looking for washer/dryers - hoping to get one installed very soon.

She told me about two letters she had gotten from an unknown person - one last year shortly after she had moved in - and one about 4 weeks ago. Both were sexually explicit and were handwritten by the same person. She also told me about her neighbour who had her underwear stolen from her bathroom window, and notes she had received as well - one of which threatened the life of her young child.

In my neighbour's note - the author said she should make a signal if she was interested in this man's advances - as he could see her and would make physical contact.
It bothered me how these notes were delivered - one was placed in her apartment when she had the front door open - but the grill was closed. The other was placed under her door when she left her apartment to throw out the garbage - which takes less than 5 minutes.

I think my peeping tom is the author of her notes, and I think he lives in my complex. It makes sense. He likes females who live alone - there are other females on the ground floor - but are older or live with a man.
I have been freaked out since I saw the block, in fact - from last Thursday when everything happened - but on Friday when I had confirmation that he could see inside - it just made me even more sick.

So that is my update. There was supposed to be a strata meeting yesterday, but it didn't happen. I either wait until the rescheduled meeting this week - or knock on every door like a crazy woman warning my neighbours about this man.
I think I will wait until the meeting.

I've been reading up on the psychology of peeping toms/voyeurism trying to get in this pervert's head. So far I know they are cowards that rarely resort to violence. However, a direct threat on my neighbour's child's life...well...that worries me.

I won't take this one lying down however, I spent much of my formative years being hurt, abused and walked over - this one is personal. He has clearly been violating my privacy for some time. I won't take this one lightly.

Any advice you may have on this situation, will be appreciated. Feel free to leave a comment here, on facebook, on twitter, or at mjreaders@gmail.com

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Pervert's Perch; Friday, 24th July, 2009

0 comments: