4:30 AM

An Attitude of Gratitude

Mood: Incredibly Content
Music: Daydreamer - Adele
Time/Date: Monday, August 3rd, 2009/4:30AM


A couple of "not so happy" things have happened in the past week or so, the funny thing is I know I should be bitching, moaning, crying and miserable - but I'm not.
I've been a little pensive, yes - but still happy and holding true to my positive attitude.

The past couple of weeks have been a blur for me, it's strange and I can't begin to describe it: it's almost like time is whatever I make it. Neither fast nor slow, but time is relative to emotions, feelings, memories, wants and desires and experiences.
Many weeks I feel like I've been cramming a month's worth of activity, emotion and memories - but I will look back on a month and think: "wasn't that just last week?"


But when all that is said and done: I feel so alive. After years of working and being responsible, for the first time since I was 16/17 I get up and live each day without a plan.
I do what I want, when I want and my only questions are: is it safe? and will it make me happy...and on occasion, can I afford it? Lol.
My organizer is bare in comparison to other years, now only holding info of the occasional call from a client, appointment or specific event I need to remember.

Gratitude list for 2nd August to 8th August, 2009
1. My friends: I think no matter how many of these lists I make, my friends will more often than not be number one on the list.
Last week in particular saw me spending a lot of time with my friends, and I loved it.

2. My dreams/goals/desires: I'm focusing on the things I want, and want to do. Taking the time to see all the details, along with looking at the bigger picture. I am going to get everything I want.

3. Clean water: I think this is something we take for granted. However, this week I had to do some research on clean drinking water programmes in third world countries. It was sad to know that something so inexpensive and easy to deliver - is not delivered for reasons ranging from politics to war. It saddens me more to know that hundreds of thousands of gallons are wasted each year in countries that have it in abundance.

4. Love: Even though I had to let go of love this week: it is better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it while it last, and made the most of every moment. It was time for it to fade, and I'm sure it will return again - sooner or later.

5. My health: For all the health issues I've been having in recent times, I am still alive with all my limbs and senses in tact. I can taste the fresh juice I made today - which I am now sipping, I can see to write this entry, I can hear the beautiful music in my 47 gig collection, I can smell the soap on my just washed hands, I can feel the smoothness of the keys as my fingers dance across the keyboard.
I do not have a life threatening illness, just a life changing one. My medical problems are trivial in comparison to illnesses like cancer, heart disease and AIDS.

I love my life and I am truly blessed. I don't see either that love or those blessings ending any time soon - which makes me very grateful.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Ally does Harry; Monday, 27th July, 2009

1 comments:

Dorrie said...

I'm glad to read that you are still holding on to a positive attitude. That isn't always easy.

We all should count our blessings more then we do.....