9:15 AM

The Journey

Mood: Happy but Pensive
Music: It's Been Awhile - Staind
Date/Time: Tuesday, 4th August, 2009/9:15AM

Part of what makes life so fragile is that we can't tell what's coming next.
If there is such a thing as predetermined destiny - we don't know. Every day is new - filled with hope and expectations.
If I was meant to walk into that store, to meet that person - I wouldn't know and it all seems random and unplanned to me.

But I have to ask, is there something more to all this? Living, loving and being.
What is the end result? What is the purpose? And what is the reward?


I could spew quotes about the reward being in the journey, not the destination (which I do actually believe), but it begs the question - if you believe in heaven - does it mean that the whole purpose of your life is deny yourself the things you want, to get the great reward in heaven?

And when does the path of piousness end, and the path of restrictions begin?
I woke up this morning with no concrete plan in mind. I figured I'd clean my apartment and do a load of laundry. That plan is so far out the window now - yet it doesn't bother me.
Cleanliness is next to Godliness, but for some reason I don't think Jesus will mind if I clean my apartment tomorrow, instead of today.
Life is too short to deny myself the things I want, or to adhere to strict planning. In that same vein, life is too short to deny myself simple pleasures that might border on sins like lust, sloth and gluttony.

So I ask, is there something more to all this? Is the reward in the journey, or in the destination? And why can't it be both?

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Cold Fruit @ 2AM; Saturday, 18th April, 2009

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its both. Its an aggregation as well as a culmination.

But its a matter of perception as well. If in your heart of hearts you think what you are giving up is worth more than what ure hoping to get then it nullifies everything. You wont enjoy the present and ule be found to be a fraud at the end.