9:17 AM

Venus in the Night Sky

Mood: Content
Music: Stranger in Moscow - Michael Jackson
Date/Time: Tuesday, 18th August, 2009/9:17AM

I wrote this last night at 11PM - I'm sharing it with you this morning.
Enjoy.

Venus in the Night Sky
As I walked from my apartment to the garbage skip, a million things ran through my mind.
I thought about the papers I need to sign tomorrow: sign here, sign here, initial here, sign here and here.
I thought about the fact that Client M requested I find someone to varnish his grandmother's coffee table, a table his wife hates, but he refuses to part with - so their compromise was to have it buffered and varnished.
I thought about the movie I had just watched with A, feeling the dinner we ate in A's car begin to digest and start the process of being tomorrow's old news.


That walk to the garbage skip is a short one, but often I find myself gaining clarity on that path - for those few minutes as I hurry in the balmy night air - my mind is able to process things.
As I committed to memory the things I need to do tomorrow - my eyes turn to the sky - as they often do when I am outdoors.
As a child, I had often wished to be an astronaut - and then my father explained what gravity and black holes were. My dream was not deferred, just more grounded. I am grounded in the fact that as much as space fascinates me - zero gravity and black holes scare me.
I was an eccentric child, and I am proud to say that I have become an eccentric adult.

And as my eyes gazed at Venus in the Night Sky, watching the glimmer of it's "light" that we see here on earth - I thought - what kind of woman am I?
Am I a woman I can be proud of?
Or a woman who has not fulfilled her potential?
I decided that I am both.

I am proud of myself - at the same time I am realistic enough to know that there is so much more I am capable of. So much more I am meant to do and achieve.
A woman with a mission? Not quite, but a woman who has a path to travel, and many roads to take to get there.

Venus does look beautiful in the Night Sky during the summer. The brightest "star" that can be seen by the naked eye. I suggest you go outside and look at it - and muse on your own path - no matter your age, gender or background.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Venus in the Night Sky; borrowed from The Nasa Website

0 comments: