7:57 AM

Dear 2010, nice to meet you

Mood: Pensive and restless
Music:
Gypsy - Shakira
Date/Time: Monday, 4th January, 2009/8:33AM



A part of me wants to do a "review in year" type entry for 2009 but a part of me wants to leave 2009 in the not-so-distant past.
Don't get me wrong, the year ended on a high note and I feel great about the progress I've made as a person, and the strides I will be making in 2010. However, that little part of me that hates to dwell on the past negatively - is thinking about how badly 2009 started, and the sprinklings of drama, pain and emotional turmoil that happened throughout the year.


Dear readers, do you really need that summary from me, to know that I came out of the fire that was 2008, and was washed clean by the holy waters of 2009? Will it make you respect me more to know how many marriage proposals I had? How many lovers returned to me, but then left my life due to circumstances? How many friends gained/lost?
Will you understand me more if I explain under what circumstances I left my last job and how my life ironically improved once I was unemployed? Do you need to know about my healing process? Or the day I woke up and realised that I might not be 100% but I was happy and whole? Do you really need another epistle about how grateful I am, and why I'll never stop believing in the power of positive thinking?

No. You don't.
Will I write about it all day one? You betcha!
And until then, I hope you stick around.
Bring your friends, and bring the popcorn, I assure you that 2010 will not fail to disappoint. If it's one thing I have learned: my life is never boring and around these parts, there is always something to entertain myself, and by extension, you.

And for the record, it was two marriage proposals in 2009 - but honestly not sure how serious the second guy was since he suggested we elope to Vegas when he knew that I didn't have a US Visa.

Love,
Ally.

Photo Credit: Late Night Legs; Sunday, 3rd January, 2009.

0 comments: